Civil Litigation Lawyer Prince George - When a business experiences financial difficulties, it is important to choose the correct group to help your business through the necessary processes. These may include insolvencies, bankruptcies and business restructuring. Our Business Restructuring and Insolvency Group has a wealth of skill to help you deal with these situations. Our lawyers are uniquely positioned to offer representation and recommendation, resulting in effective, strategic and timely solutions.
We work with business enterprises in businesses like airline, automotive, communications, biomedical, construction, entertainment, financial services, funeral, insurance, healthcare, manufacturing, marketing, steel, mining, retail, technology, natural resources, and real estate. Our lawyers can help you with the complexities of cross-border procedures administered under either Chapter 11 of the United States Bankruptcy Code or the Canada Companies' Creditors Arrangement ("CCAA"). We have extensive skill with multi-national and domestic business reorganizations and restructuring, whether court-supervised or informal. Bankruptcy and Insolvency restructuring legislation within the United States and Canada have a similar debtor-in-possession focus; then again, the laws of the two jurisdictions are different enough to need those involved in cross-border proceedings to be well-informed about both jurisdictions. In recent years our lawyers have advised stakeholders and intermediaries in a lot of the biggest insolvencies and restructurings under the CCAA, the Bankruptcy and Insolvency Act ("BIA") and the Winding-up and Restructuring Act.
Access to the required professionals could be able to help tip the scales in your favour of outcomes that are positive throughout business restructuring and insolvency. We are able to draw on the knowledge of our skilled members across our worldwide companies in the numerous legal areas dealing with business reorganizations. Our company has experts in mergers and acquisitions, banking and securitizations, labour and employment, public and private equity, intellectual property and real property, and governmental relations. In cases of insolvency needing advocacy before trial and appellate courts, our team provides skilled litigators.
Our services to various stakeholders comprise the following:
1. We assist those financially challenged companies on the options and alternatives of restructuring, which comprises the creating and directing of formal restructuring proceedings under the CCAA and the BIA.
2. We offer recommendation to boards of directors and special/independent committees of private and public corporations about companies in financial distress.
3. In relation to insolvent business debtors, we advise in the context of cross-border restructuring proceedings, to institutional and non-regulated lenders, agents to and members of operational, term, second-lien and asset-based lenders, lending syndicates, distressed debt investors, trust indenture trustees, bondholders, ad hoc and formal noteholders committees, and private equity and hedge fund investors.
4. In cases being administered under the U.S. Bankruptcy Code related to cross-border and Canadian restructuring proceedings, we advise the formal and ad-hoc creditors committees.
5. We advise secured creditors regarding the enforcement of their security, privately and through court-supervised processes and the protections of their rights and interests in insolvency procedures.
6. We can help trustees through liquidators, bankruptcy, monitors, receivers, construction lien trustees, interim receivers and other court-appointed officers in CCAA proceedings. Moreover, we can make proposals under the BIA, including receiverships and bankruptcies.
7. We advise equipment leasers and vendors, suppliers, contracting third parties, and commercial landlords in restructuring and insolvency realizations and proceedings and in relation to insolvent or defaulting debtors.
8. We can assist the purchasers who are businesses or distressed assets in cases administered under the CCAA and BIA, from the trustees, private or court-appointed receivers.
9. We assist financial advisors, investment bankers, and other consultants relating to their engagement in insolvency procedures.
10. We give counsel about different litigation issues arising in the context of bankruptcy, insolvency and business restructuring cases.
11.We prosecute and defend preference actions and litigation actions for fraudulent conveyance of assets and obtaining urgent relief to protect and preserve assets from dissipation, like for instance mareva injunctions, injunctions, and anton pillar orders.
Click to Download the pdf